roll over or click image to enlarge
Amphipods & Copepods -500 - Buy 1 Get 1 FREE- Canadian Residents ONLY
Our price: $27.00
You Save $2.35
Currently out of stock.click here
to be notified by email when this product becomes available.
- Amphipods can be distinguished from copepods as able to seen at a distant.
This product is set for Canadian Residents - Increased shipping and delayed delivery.
- Amphipods range in size from 5-10mm, where as copepods range from 1-3mm. This listing is for a variety of both.
- Amphipods and copepods make excellent food for picky eaters like seahorses.
- Mandarin gobies love them and they are essential to a reef tank adding biodiversity.
- Tanks can be seeded with them by introducing ~100 per 25 gallons or through the use of an upstream fishless refugium kept dimly lit.
- The most common amphipods found in aquaria are either herbivores or detritivores.
- They tend to eat either plant or algal material preferentially and either graze on algae or eat debris of plant or algal origin.
- In our aquaria, amphipods are typically part of the cleanup crew.
- In addition, they are good food for whatever fish can catch them. Altogether they are a beneficial and interesting component of our systems' fauna.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A MIXTURE OF AMPHIPODS AND COPEPODS.
- WE HAVE NO WAY TO DETERMINE WHAT TYPE (amphipod or copepod) OR PERCENTAGE (ie: 75% amphipod/ 25% copepod) YOU WILL RECEIVE.
- PODS ARE SMALL- SOME ARE VERY, VERY SMALL ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE "TODDLERS".
- YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO "COUNT" THEM- WE ARE UNABLE TO COUNT THEM FOR EACH AND EVERY ORDER!
- TO ENSURE YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR WE USE A MEASUREMENT THAT HAS BEEN COUNTED AND OBSERVED FOR MUCH MORE THAN THIS. PLEASE OBSERVE THE SHEAR AMOUNT OF LIFE YOU RECEIVE AFTER YOU THUMP THE BAG GENTLY WITH YOUR FINGER.
- THE TRANSPORT MEDIA WILL LITERALLY CRAWL WITH LIFE- SO ENJOY AND PLEASE LET US KNOW IMMEDIATELY IF THERE IS ANY PROBLEM WITH YOUR SHIPMENT.