Live Saltwater Food Amphipod & Copepods-1000 Buy 1 Get 1 FREE
Live Pods- Great Fish and Coral Food
Copepods are a group of small crustaceans found in the sea and nearly every freshwater habitat. Many species are planktonic (drifting in sea waters), but more are benthic (living on the ocean floor). - Wikipedia Check out our You Tube Videos of Live Copepods & Amphipods
- The type of copepods we have are benthic - which is great for a refugium or tank with live rock.
What are Amphipods?
- Amphipods can be distinguished from copepods as able to seen at a distance. *Amphipods range in size from 5-10mm, where as copepods range from 1-3mm.
- This listing is for a variety of both.
- Amphipods and copepods make excellent food for picky eaters like seahorses. Mandarin gobies love them and they are essential to a reef tank adding biodiversity.
- Tanks can be seeded with them by introducing ~500 per 25 gallons or through the use of an upstream fishless refugium kept dimly lit.
- The most common amphipods found in aquaria are either herbivores or detritivores. They tend to eat either plant or algal material preferentially and either graze on algae or eat debris of plant or algal origin.
- In our aquaria, amphipods are typically part of the cleanup crew. In addition, they are good food for whatever fish can catch them. Altogether they are a beneficial and interesting component of our systems' fauna.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A MIXTURE OF AMPHIPODS AND COPEPODS
- We have no way of determining what percentage will be amphipods or copepods or what you are more likely to receive (amphipods or copepods).
- Pods are small - some are very small - especially if they are "toddlers".
- You will not be able to count them - as we are unable to count them for each and every order - due to their size and speed.
- To ensure that you get what you pay for, we use a measurement that has been counted and observed for a greater portion that 1000 per bag. To confirm, please observe the shear amount of life in the bag you receive after you gently thump the bag with your finger.
- The transport media will literally crawl with life, so enjoy and please us know immediately if there is an issue with your shipment.